Highly talented Business Development and Relationship Management Professional with over 12 years of international experience success generating and executing innovative ideas to continually expand market shares, designing, developing, and implementing sales, marketing, business development management strategies for leading companies in UAE / Kenya from industries ranging from Real Estate/Property Development/Automobiles/Duty-Free/Advertising Services Industry/Hospitality projects/Human Resources Management/Car Rental.
Key Strategic Achievements
- Increased revenue by 70% comparing year 2016 and 2017 at Sixt Rent A Car
- Succeeded in sourcing for funds for 2 projects totalling $21 million in the sub-Sahara region
- Liquidated the company due to no further keen interest by potential lenders in the region
- Secured a standby letter of credit for $17 million from a multilateral lender for construction of a 5 star internationally branded hotel in Maasai Mara. Currently looking for a monetizer for the facility
- Obtained a Thai-American 5 and 4-star chain operator interested to go to Nairobi and Entebbe Local promoters have prime land in Nairobi for 2 towers.
- Spearheaded and grew Annual Sales by AED 22,000,000 p.a.
- Key Account base increased from zero to 42 accounts. Opened new market in the northern Emirates and Al Ain for the Company
- Recognized as a top performer, consistently achieving annual sales / financial goals.
- Grew Annual Sales Revenue from AED 6.5 million to AED. 15 Million p.a, surpassing management expectations and forecasts.
- Proactive; consistently identifying continuous improvements and re-aligning strategies and operations to meet organization goals.
- Developed client relationships, negotiate sales terms, close, coordinate and expedite the sale. The ability to manage all aspects of a corporate automotive leasing and rentals. This includes negotiations and executing lease contracts with company decision makers via identifying market opportunities.
- Direct responsibility for achieving Revenue Budget set and agreed with the Management including profitability forecast.
- Spearheaded and Grew Annual Sales Revenue of the company from ground 0 to US $743,750 since taking charge of the sales and marketing operations of the company, surpassing management expectations and forecasts.
- Spearheaded and successfully launched Diplomatic Facility thereby capturing 60% of the market share within 5 months of launching.
- Responsible for promoting the sales of Household Consumer Goods / FMCG / Household Equipment’s/ Automotive Vehicles/ Renting & Leasing of Properties – Residential & Commercial in the territory of entire Kenya through Diplomatic Community clients through direct sales.
- Skyrocketed new customer acquisition by adding new corporate accounts to the company’s list thereby accelerating the revenue growth & improved market position of the company.
- Spearheaded and created 8 major Key Accounts – International Gemstone Exporting Company, Kenya Seed Company, DT Dobie (The Local Mercedes Benz Dealer), Communications Commission of Kenya and Kenya Freight & Forwarders Association, Retirement Benefits Authority and the Central Bank of Kenya generating approximately US $ 500,000 in Annual Sales Revenue
- Contracts Management
- Relationship Management
- Direct Foreign Investments
- Performance and people management
- Key Accounts Management
- understanding of Cross-Cultural Environments
- Strong influencing & negotiations skills
- Self-motivated to achieve performance & targets
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Employee Engagement Activities
Sixt Rent A Car Gargash Enterprise LLC, Business Development Manager
February 2017 - Present
In charge of promoting SIXT bookings via travel agents, brokers and wholesalers for domestic and outbound bookings. Creating partnerships with airlines, hotel chains, business councils and corporate companies in UAE to increase international and domestic rentals. Increased revenue by 70% comparing year 2016 and 2017. Successfully came up with a travel agency agreement that was approved by company lawyer and Chief Finance and Audit officers.
Number 10 Ventures FZ LLC, Venture Leader
August 2015 to November 2016
Took investors from the Middle East to Sub-Saharan Africa in the line of trade finance, funds and operators for hospitality, healthcare and infrastructure projects. Succeeded in sourcing for funds for 2 projects totalling $21 million. Liquidated the company due to no further keen interest by potential lenders in the region. Ongoing project as of December 2017. Secured a standby letter of credit for $17 million from a multilateral lender for construction of a 5 star internationally branded hotel in Maasai Mara. Currently looking for a monetizer for the facility Convinced a Thai -American 4/5-star chain operator to go to Nairobi and Entebbe, Local promoter had prime land in Nairobi. First site visit was scheduled for January 2018. This lead to initial plans for builds of 2 towers. One a branded 4-star hotel the other a 4-star serviced apartment block. obtained a Thai-American 5 and 4-star chain operator interested to go to Nairobi and Entebbe Local promoters have prime land in Nairobi. First site visit set for January 2018. Plans are to build 2 towers (branded 4 star hotel and 4 star serviced apartments)
Al-Futtaim Sons-Hertz Rent A Car (Dubai –UAE) Business Development Manager
May 2005 - August 2015
Charged with delivering sales growth and increase in corporate account base of multi-nationals and international corporate companies. Successfully engaged in innovation, planning, and leadership of a full spectrum of business development and customer acquisition / retention initiatives.
- Responsible for managing 22 members of staff across 6 remote branches and oversaw sales and marketing of automotive-rent / leasing services (Long Term & Short Term) to corporate clients in the assigned territory of Dubai and Northern Emirates.
- Employee engagement initiatives, performance appraisals based on set key performance indices.
- Spearheaded and grew Annual Sales by AED 22,000,000 p.a. Key Account base increased from zero to 42. Opened new market in the northern Emirates and Al Ain for the Company.
- Visit prospective customers to stimulate interest in establishing and expanding automotive-leasing programs.
- Revitalized and strengthened relationships with top management of government, multinational/ international companies, which accelerated revenue growth and improved, market position.
- Explain advantages of leasing automobiles and reducing capital expenditures.
- Recommend types and number of vehicles needed to satisfactorily perform job with minimal expense.
- Compute leasing charges, based on such factors as length of contract, anticipated mileage.
FBI Real Estate & Property Development Co. Property Consultant Dubai, UAE
April 2004 - December 2004
Managed daily sales operations for this Real Estate Company engaged in the buying and selling of freehold residential. Fully accountable to the General Manager.
- Planned and executed comprehensive sales and business development strategy for promoting the sales of Freehold Properties of –DAMAC Properties – (Residential – Apartments & Villas) in the territory of Dubai through High Net-worth individuals globally.
- Grew Annual Sales Revenue from AED 6.5 million to AED. 15 Million p.a, surpassing management expectations and forecasts. Commended by the management for consistently surpassing the sales targets.
Nairobi Diplomatic Duty-Free Ltd. Sales & Marketing Manager Nairobi, Kenya
January 2002 – March 2004
Provide highly strategic and tactical leadership as Sales & Marketing Manager of this leading company having business interest in Distribution of Duty Free Goods to Diplomatic Community and Leasing and Renting of Properties and producing US $743,750 in Annual Sales revenue. Marinating complete decision-making autonomy within the strategic planning, new business development, sales and marketing operations management functions. Worked directly with the Managing Director to set both strategic and operational goals and objectives. Directly supervised a team of 22 staff. Report to the Managing Director.
- Controlled business relationships with key decision makers to assure client retention, enforce compliance with contract terms and payment schedules, as per credit control policies of the company.
- Performed frequent meetings with the Key decision makers in Institutions like Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassadors and Deputy Chief of Mission and Secretary General for the International Organizations
- Created high visibility for NDDF among members of the Diplomatic Corps. Successfully created corporate information data and networked with key sectors and relevant Government authorities, diplomatic missions and international organizations.
The Advertising Company Ltd. (TAC) Business Development Executive Nairobi, Kenya
November 2000 - December 2001
Developed new business and sold ‘deeper’ into existing account base through diligent efforts in prospecting for, qualifying, and winning major corporate accounts. Identified decision makers, performed need analysis, prepared proposals, made presentations, and closed business. Built and nurtured executive-level relationships.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing business development strategies to ignite growth and profits, opened new business avenues, and fulfilled corporate objectives of building sales revenues and increasing account profitability.
- Managed advertising initiatives from strategy development to execution for major corporate clients.
- Spearheaded and created 8 major Key Accounts – International Gemstone Exporting Company, Kenya Seed Company, DT Dobie (The Local Mercedes Benz Dealer), Communications Commission of Kenya and Kenya Freight & Forwarders Association, Retirement Benefits Authority and the Central Bank of Kenya generating approximately US $ 500,000 in Annual Sales Revenue.
- Interacted with major local and international clients. Successfully managed to get several pitches of prestigious accounts for the local GSM Provider Safaricom, Jointly owned by the Kenya Government and Vodafone UK.
Kenya Wine Agencies Ltd. (Voluntary) Undergraduate Program Nairobi, Kenya
January 2000 - October 2000
- Proficient in the use of: MS-Office, Digital Media
Key extra- curricular activities
Arranged Kenya diaspora events in Dubai for the last 4 years in conjunction with the Consulate of Kenya in Dubai including the just concluded business trade mission from Kenya on 24th and 25th of May 2017 where Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry signed a memorandum of understanding with the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Nationality : Kenyan
Date of Birth : 20-07-1973
Visa Status : UAE residence
Languages : English / Swahili
Driving Skills : UAE Driving License