Seeking a professional role which would complement my experiences as well as use my business management skills, which I have gained over the years in terms of Business Acumen, People Management and Business Processes.
- Acquired and maintained customers through diligent marketing and great customer service.
- Improved the service department’s efficiency to 100%.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service by resolving customer complaints, problems and issues effectively.
- Streamlined proficiency at the counter by effectively training new associates, mastering customer service and asset protection.
- Able to identify and solve problems via streamlining and developing solutions.
- Increased the company's client base via direct and indirect marketing.
- Strategizing various sales and marketing to gain a strong marketing and sales position.
- People Management skills both with clients and the team members.
- Organised and well-focused in delivering results.
Key client retention
Proven sales ability and negotiation skills
Profound communication skills
Profound in MS Dos and CRMS systems
Well experienced in the vehicle rental industry
People management skills
Managed teams with up to 10 team members
Adaptable to new technical products and services
Jul 2016 till to-date
SIXT Rent A Car
Senior Rental Agent
- Proactive in seeking business development opportunities.
- Identify potential markets and increased customer database.
- Manage clients account and build professional relationships.
- Close business deals in a professional and timely manner.
- Be proactive in identifying and resolving problems.
- Maximise margins via up selling to higher priced services and products.
- Provide administration support to the branch on their business plans
- Provide business intelligence reports based on sales and market
- Identify trends and analyse predictions based on past data
- Proactively analyse data to identify trends and demands of the market.
- Support in assisting senior management with research surveys
- Stepping in as the go to person for new and established agents
- Work proactively to meet both individual and team targets
- Follow up with returning agents on how to properly document vehicle damage, notify the renter of any damages, notify the renter of the damages that have been documented, provide sufficient documentation to the claims department.
- Administer fleet operations, ensure aged fleet is appropriate and track any repairs and maintenance issues.
Sep 2008 – Jun 2015
Budget Rent A Car
Sales Associate/Team leader
- Analyzed sales opportunity, initiated marketing and sales priorities to offer the best products to the customer.
- Delivered outstanding customer service with every transaction to maximize customer loyalty and sales opportunities, whilst taking full ownership of customer complaints and work with onsite and offsite teams to achieve a resolution.
- Promoted appropriate additional products and services to maximize the overall rental revenues whilst delighting the customer with offers to enhance their journey.
- Ensured the team continuously exceeded customer expectations.
- All customer queries were handled in a professional and timely manner, emails and other requests (internal and external) were dealt with promptly to avoid escalation.
- Ensured that all documentation and system accuracy is maintained by the team and relevant documents are obtained during the rental qualification stage.
- Exceptional ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and acted with a sense of urgency.
- Ensured a timely, accurate and documented customer invoicing process associated with necessary documentation to guarantee payments monthly.
- Responsible for customer service in the Rental division, duties included answering customer queries, problem solving and providing detailed information on new products.
- Maintained brand identity throughout the operation.
- Provided support to the Operations team, ensuring all sales and service objectives were met.
- Accumulated monthly and weekly sales report for management review.
Apr 2006 - Sep 2008
Avis Rent A Car
- Implemented processes and procedures, followed processes and identified areas for improvement.
- Executed sales "Cold call" and marketing strategies that expanded into several new locations.
- Trained employees by example on all aspects of the sales cycle from cold call to close.
- Conferred with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand market and promote business.
- Supervised all sales efforts and monitored existing contracts ensuring all contract terms and conditions are met.
- Handled customer and corporate issues with a quick response time.
- Planned and prepared work schedule and kept record of employee’s schedules and time cards.
- Ensured proper staffing and use of overtime hours to maximize the effectiveness of the corporate records function.
- Maintained and updated rental agreement files, contract and notified customers of overdue rental and processed rental extensions.
- Insistently pursued reservation bookings and cross sold appropriate add-ons for traveler’s vacation experience.
Jan 2004 - Mar 2006
African Touch Adventures
- Secured new client sales and retention through customer service provided.
- Dealt with customer enquiries and strived to meet their expectations.
- Kept records of advanced deposits on reservations.
- Coordinated with the convention and conference groups in block reservations.
- Sourced products and destinations to meet consumer demands for sustainable tourism.
- Computed cost of travel and accommodation and quoted package of tour cost.
- Examined carrier operating rules, carrier training and tested program’s for compliance with regulations and safety standards.
- Took part in familiarization visit to new destinations to gain information on issues and amenities of interest for consumers.
- Booked domestic and international reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals.
- Responded substantively to client’s complaints.
- Validated documents for payment.
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. Muthetheni Girls High School
Jan 1995 - Nov 1998
Diploma in Front office Management Kibondeni College
Jan 2001 - Nov 2003
Sales and Reception Techniques- Kenya Utalii College University
Oct 2005 - Dec 2005
Café’ Crème’ une, Alliance Française de Nairobi, Kenya
Aug 2005 - Jan 2006
Mount Kenya University Bachelor’s in business management Majors in Marketing
May 2016 - Present
- I have done some voluntary work with the Mama Fatuma children’s home in Kenya.
- Participating in educational seminars and debates
- Listening to music
- Participating in community service work and travelling.
LANGUAGES AND NATIONALITY
Nationality : Kenyan
Languages : English and Swahili